Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:34:18 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
Cc:        Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>, Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com>, FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3dfx thingie (GLIDE) for FreeBSD?

> This would not include a hardware-accelerated Mesa integration
> would it?  I use SGIs for scientific computation, and would
> really like to be able to recompile some of that software to run
> on my personal FreeBSD wksta.  Unaccelerated Mesa is just
> inadequate to the task (XIG Matrox Millenium II video, PPro 200).

Well, the Glide <-> Mesa thing is already done for Linux, so it should
be relatively painless to add it for FreeBSD given a working Glide lib :)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |