Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 18:16:24 -0500
From:      Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
To:        davidg@root.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MBUFs leaking?

> >> Are you running with the associated new ld.so ? If not, try installing it
> >> instead of backing out pmap.c,
> >>
> >> 	michael
> >
> >I assume this hasn't been commited to -stable?
> >
> >I'm beginning to think that I need to run -current to get around
> >much of the instability I am running into....
>
>    This is the first I've heard about instability problems with the -stable
> pmap.c. You're going to need to provide a lot more information before I'll
> be able to diagnose the problem. Also make sure you are running with the most
> recent version (1.58.4.3).

I can't be sure it is pmap.c. See my followup debug trace on a system
crash from another -stable system.

As I mentioned in earlier mail, I have a Tyan 133mhz Pentium with 64
MB RAM that will crash if attempting to run X on a kernel with the
NMBCLUSTERS=4096 define. This sounds suspiciously like the problem
that ...