Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:31:13 +0100
From:      Holger Bauer <timewax@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install LinxPROEthernet

Hi there,

i am quite new to FreeBSD. I am trying to setup my NIC on FreeBSD 4.4 for
some days without success. It's a LinxPROEthernet-card with a Realtek8139
chip. So i thought the rl-driver might do it's job. But unfortunately it
doesn't. :(
At systemstartup my card is recognized but not configured.
dmesg-output for NIC:
rl0: <RealTek 8129 10/100BaseTX> port 0xdc00-0xdcff mem
0xcfffdf00-0xcfffdfff irq 3 at device 11.0 on pci0
rl0: Ethernet address: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
rl0: unknown device ID: ffff
device_probe_and_attach: rl0 attach returned 6

I configured my kernel and made sure rl-drivers are compiled in. Card
doesnt show up on ' ifconfig -a '
Well is there a way to get my card up and running?
May upgrade to 4.5 solve my problem? RTFM comments are welcome as long as
you point to the FM. :)
thx for any help in advance