Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:23:42 +1030
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Init Re: MAKEDEV (Re: Speaking of moving files (Re: make world broken building fortunes ) ) )

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 01:22:46AM -0500, Donn Miller wrote:

 > runlevels, OpenBSD does not or goes with an entirely different
 > system), them would it be fair to consider FreeBSD "BSD"?  The
 > advantage here is that FreeBSD would mature into it's own type of
 > UNIX with a BSD heritage.

Can we please not have this thread again?  Anyone who is interested
in following up on anything whatsoever to do with SysV runlevels
should first familiarize themselves with the numerous problems they
have which have been hashed out on the lists several times over the
last 12 months (hint:  to to the mail archive search engine at
www.freebsd.org and search for "runlevel").

    - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton@internode.com.au (W)