Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:01:51 -0700
From:      Bri <ao-freebsd@replic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum and Volumes Larger Than 2TB

 Howdy,

 I'm attempting to use Vinum to concat multiple plexes together to make a single 4.5TB volume. I've noticed that once I hit the 2TB mark it seems to fail, it looks like once it hits 2TB the size gets reset to 0. Example below,

root@shakezula:~# vinum create /etc/vinum0.conf
2 drives:
D partition0            State: up       /dev/da0        A: 0/0 MB
D partition1            State: up       /dev/da1        A: 0/0 MB

1 volumes:
V vinum0                State: up       Plexes:       1 Size:       1858 GB

1 plexes:
P vinum0.p0           C State: up       Subdisks:     2 Size:       3906 GB

2 subdisks:
S vinum0.p0.s0          State: up       D: partition0   Size:       1953 GB
S vinum0.p0.s1          State: up       D: partition1   Size:       1953 GB

 Now I've seen mentions of people using Vinum on larger partitions and it seems to work ok. Also when I use gvinum it succeeds, however given the state of the gvinum implementation I'd like to stick with vinum.

 Suggestions/comments anyone?

 Thanks in advance,

-Bri