Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:09:19 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What's wrong with Mozilla 0.6?

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:08:02AM -0800, Jeremy Lea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 05:19:07PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > I noticed that Mozilla 0.6 was released about a week ago. Are there
> > any reasons why we still do not have it in our ports tree?
>
> Three.  I've been writing finals.  There are reported problems with
> Mozilla on both -stable and -current over the past few weeks, and I've
> not been able to get any decent bug reports until today.  And, finally,
> I will not be "upgrading" to mozilla-0.6 because it is from a different
> branch of their CVS tree (the branch from which Netscape 6 was released)
> and is not an upgrade to M18.
>
> They branched CVS at M6 if IIRC.

I am aware of the stability problems ... but there is one reasoning here i
think is faulty.

Mozilla 0.6 is NOT a branch from the M6 branch ... i mean .. why on Earth
would they even Want to do that ... when they have worked their way up to
M18.

IIRC ... they changed Milestone numbering for the Mozilla project ... and
Mozilla 0.6 is the follow up for M18 ... based on what is released to the
world as Netscape 6.0

--
  Pascal Hofstee      < daeron @ shadowmere . student . utwente . nl >
  begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs