Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2008 09:38:50 +0100
From:      Tore Lund <toreld@netscape.net>
To:        Kimi <kimimeister@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nvidia graphics on AMD64

Kimi wrote:

> xorg-driver-nv will be more then good enough, providing 3D is not needed.

2D can also be pretty sluggish at times.  The following shows the nv
driver in its fully glory as I was leafing through a page of photos:

http://home.no/tl18/misc/mincemeat.jpg

Moreover, the nv driver does not provide a way to properly control
brightness and contrast.  I would say it is strictly necessary for
anyone who is into photography to use the nvidia-driver, even if they
are not remotely interested in 3D.
--
    Tore