Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 10:38:27 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        driley@vailsys.com
Cc:        Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com>, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: moused and X11R6

>Leonard Chua wrote:
>>
>> Anybody tried running moused on 2.2-BETA?
>> Works beautifully in console mode,
>> But when I run X, there seems to be a conflict with X's mouse events.
>> One reason may be that I have moused doing 2 button microsoft mode
>> and X doing 3 button mode. The mouse cursor at X works fine until I press
>> button 3. Then the mouse no longer responds. The rest of X still works.
>> A possible fix would be to hack moused to notice an X session and stop
>> capturing mouse events then.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Len.
>
>The Xserver on my 2.2-Gamma system will not even start up with moused running,
>
>although I have no complaints about moused in console mode, it is a very nice
>feature from the linux-world. :)

Slight modification was made to moused, between 2.2-BETA and 2.2-GAMMA.
It affects PS/2 and Bus mice only.

Although I am not the one who is maintaining moused, I am interested
in your problems.

Would you give us some more details?

Which type of mouse are you using, Serial, bus, or PS/2?
>From which manufacturer?
How the variables `mousedtype' and `mousedport' are set in `/etc/sysconfig'?
How do your `Device' and `Protocol' lines for the pointing device look
like in `XF86Config'?

Kazu