Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:19:02 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   saving downloads becomes slower over time

I usually have firefox continuously running for many days.  Sometimes I download
files and I have firefox configured to ask where to save a file.  Initially
everything works very well.  But the more files I save the more I notice that
right after clicking Save button firefox starts using a lot of CPU and becomes
unresponsive for some time.  That time grows with each download.  It grows to
the point where I need to restart firefox only to avoid those annoying delays.

Does anyone else see this?

My system is configured to use official binary packages, so no debug symbols.
It seems that the time and CPU is spent in _kh_dir_diff -> dl_calculate ->
strcmp functions in libgio-2.0.so.

--
Andriy Gapon