Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:31:54 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        Richard Beyer <richard@another.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Upgrading 4.8 - 5.2, filesystem full

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:36:27PM +1100, Richard Beyer wrote:
> I tried doing an upgrade from 4.8 to 5.2, and part way through I got a
> filesystem full error (about 3 in a row actually) as each partion filled
> up.  (No panic - doing it off a mirror).
>
> My question is - obviously the CDROM sysinstall isn't going to work for me
> - what now?
Get a bigger hard drive? :P

More details might help - how big is the disk drive you're installing
to?  How big are the partitions created in the install process?  What
type of installation are you attempting - full/minimal/etc ?

The minimal installation takes up very little room - around 3-400MB iirc
which should be small enough to fit on any hdd manufactured in the last
5 years or so.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer