Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:47:12 -0600
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Chris Dempsey <chrisdempsey@yahoo.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BTX issue, and general report on SMP issues...

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 18-Nov-01 Jim Bryant wrote:
>
>>John Baldwin wrote:

>>>Err, no.  BTX cares zero, zilch, nada about keyboards.  Can you please
>>>provide
>>>the error message you get?
>>>

>>It was no error message in particular, everything normally just froze.
>>
>>Anyhow, this is now a solved issue.
>>
>>Apparently, at one point in time a "-P" made itself into /boot.config, once
>>/boot.config was rm'ed, everything sorted itself out.
>>

> Oh, so it was booting over serial console, not quite frozen.  It just looks
> frozen. :)

exactly...

anyhow, now that this is working, i'm kinda pissed to have lost use of my mouse wheel.  apparently the keyboard was made before
wheels became popular.

anyone know a good usb keyboard with a ps/2 mouse port built-in that will translate the wheel on the mouse?  once ya get used to the
wheels, it's amazing how much you use it...

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!