Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:17:17 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.mt.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible solution to the Proxy-ARP bug enclosed

For those reviewing my patch that Nate sent out, I plan to remove the final
piece of the new if (the requirement that it's an -unresolved- ARP entry); a
host route should always override an ARP cache entry (think about a mobilip
proxy thingy; a machine is on the net one second and the next it's mobile but
you still have an ARP cache entry for it).

The user-space arp program also needs some fixes to make it harder to create
strange proxy entries.  It's still possible to have three different ARP table
entries for the same host if you are sufficiently confused about it, and
/usr/sbin/arp can make things pretty confusing =)

  Bill