Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:57:24 -0400
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@csh.rit.edu>
To:        Jens Roeder <j.roeder@tu-bs.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/net/ntop compile fails for FreeBSD 5.2.1

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 04:54:08PM +0200, Jens Roeder wrote:

> Hello Clement,
>
> thanks for the quick answer. I just installed yesterday the 5.2.1 fresh
> and thought it would contain the actual ports tree. Sorry, I am still a
> bit new to FreeBSD. What kind of supfile have I to use, not to get in
> conflict with library problems of the 5.2.1?
>
> with best regards from Germany
>
> Jens

The handbook has a great section on cvsup and how to use it[1].  I'd
suggest reading that if you haven't already.

If what you are looking for is just something to copy and paste to use
I've included my supfile for you to look at.

*default host=cvsup12.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

Reading the section in the handbook, and the example supfiles in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ you should have more than enough information
to update your ports tree.

-- WXS

[1]:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html