Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:59:13 -0700
From:      Dariusz Kulinski <takeda@takeda.tk>
To:        "Kyle Mott" <kyle@xraided.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Viewing SSH Connection

Hello Kyle,

Monday, June 7, 2004, 11:41:46 PM, you wrote:

> Several people have suggested using the snp.ko and watch, which works
> great.

> However, I didn't want to have the devices just sitting around so
> someone else on the system could use it, so I did 'kldunload snp.ko'
> then rm -f /dev/snp0... My system seems to be freaking out. Did I break
> something? Actually, I think I just had a kernel panic. *sigh*

I think you shouldn't be afraid to having /dev/snp0 device, anyway
only root can use watch command.

But if your system has crashed there probably is a bug in freebsd. I
know I had a crash with watch, but at that time I had loaded 3rd party
module so I blamed that crash on it. Also I didn't have kernel
compiled in debug mode. If you had a crash that would suggest that
there actually is a bug in snp.ko module.

Maybe there is somebody from devel team who could comment on that
issue?
--
Best regards,
 Dariusz                            mailto:takeda@takeda.tk