Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:20:01 -0400
From:      Jonathan Delgado <delgado@cvrc.mgh.harvard.edu>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SCA backplane

I am considering a Supermicro 6040G "SuperServer" as the base for a new
system that I need to build. The hardware seems pretty swank, and one of
its features is 4 hot-plug (same as hot-swap?) U160 SCA bays/backplane with
a QLogic GEM354 management controller. I have built many systems before,
but this is the first time I would have ever used a SCSI backplane. So if
anyone has had any experience with them (or like products) I have a couple
questions:

Is this an item that should behave transparently to FreeBSD?

For the hot-swap ability, should I be able to do this functionally under
FreeBSD  with a live system?
--
Jonathan Delgado                             Massachusetts General Hospital
delgado@cvrc.mgh.harvard.edu                 Cardiovascular Research Center