Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 07:01:03 +0200
From:      "Marko" <gofljac@siol.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvsup

Hi all!

I accidently removed my /usr/ports dir so I decided to get RELENG_4_5_STABLE
again from CVS. Here is my config file I created:

$ cat cvsupfile.all
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#       cvsup -g -L 2 cvsupfile.all
#
# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup.si.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/tmp/cvsup
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_5_STABLE
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

ports-all
src-all
doc-all
www

OK It looks fine for me but here see what happens when I run cvsup:

 $ cvsup -g -L 2 cvsupfile.all
Parsing supfile "cvsupfile.all"
Connecting to cvsup.si.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.si.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
Updating collection www/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

Allrighty now. But '*default prefix=/tmp/cvsup' line in config file says
that now something should be in /tmp/cvsup :
$ cd /tmp/cvsup/
$ ls -la
total 4
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   512 May 19 02:11 .
drwxrwxrwt  23 root  wheel  2048 May 22 06:47 ..
$
.. why is it empty?

But I've noticed something else:
$ cd /usr/sup
$ du -a
4736    ./src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4_5_STABLE
4738    ./src-all
496     ./doc-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4_5_STABLE
498     ./doc-all
5712    ./ports-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4_5_STABLE
5714    ./ports-all
168     ./www/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4_5_STABLE
170     ./www
11122   .

This was empty before running cvsup. What am I doing wrong? Is it config or
something else?
Thanx for answering.

Marko.