Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 1995 21:29:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM>
To:        Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] Laplink? Slip or PPP?

On Sat, 17 Jun 1995, Network Coordinator wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 1995, Daniel Baker wrote:
>
> > Hackers --
> >
> > I'm pretty new at this, but my friend and I are trying to link are two
> > computers togther via a laplink serial cable.  I've heard that I can
> > setup my system to be a SLIP server, but it dosen't mention serial
> > connections, and it is designed for the pre 2.0 releases.
> >
> > If anyone could send me instructions on how to setup my computer to be
> > the PPP/SLIP server and how to setup his to connect to mine, and to
> > "work". :-)
> >

> Combine the "setup for dial-in" FAQ and the slip-server FAQ, both
> available on www.freebsd.org and you will be in business. Its not tough
> at all (or the directions are excellent, or both)
Should I set it up for modem dialin or dumb terminal dialin?  The laplink
cable will go into my com2/cuaa1

Both machines are FreeBSD boxes.

> -Jerry.

Daniel Baker -- NeoSoft Student Assistant (UseNet, FTP & CivNet Admin.)
DBaker@NeoSoft.COM
DBaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM
      ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/dbaker/default.html **