Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:52:29 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Benjamin Flom" <benf@nexgen.com>, "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3Ware + Supermicro + FreeBSD 4.2 Stable + Apache

From: "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>

> This sounds like the bug that others are hitting in Apache with the server
> IP's host name not having a PTR record as opposed to any hardware issue.
> Check the thread "apache-1.3.19 segfaulting on FreeBSD-4.3 RC" in -STABLE

The problem is that in ap_get_local_host() (util.c),  the pointer "p" is
null.  This causes the segment fault when the ServerName directive is not
defined in the httpd.conf file.  The Apache folks have corrected this
problem in the next release.

http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/apache-1.3/src/main/util.c.diff?r1=
text&tr1=1.194&r2=text&tr2=1.197&diff_format=u

The above patch should be added to the apache13, apache13+IPv6, and
apache13-modssl ports.
apache13-fp patched a week ago.

Scot