Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:28:36 -0600
From:      Manuel Rabade Garcia <mig@mig-29.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up Postfix with PosgreSQLon FreeBSD

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:43:04 -0500
"Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to find some documentation on setting up Postfix to
> use PostgreSQL on FreeBSD. There seems to be a lot of documentation on
> doing it with mySQL, but I can't seem to find anything using
> PostgreSQL. Does anyone here have any documentation, suggestions, or
> pointers to web sites? I'm working with FBSD 4.9, PostgreSQL 7.2, and
> Postfix 2.15.

First of all: I suggest you to use 5.3 instead of 4.9 (more support,
more features, better preformance, etc).

I have working Postfix+PostgreSQL+CyrusIMAP in FreeBSD, i read this
tutorial:

http://www.web-cyradm.org/documentation/Postfix-cyrus-postgreSQL-web-cyradm.pdf

The paper talks about the setup in Linux Red Hat, but is a good
starting point for any unix-like OS :)

Greetings.

--
Manuel Rabade Garcia