Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:09:55 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minor 2.2.1 install nit.

As The Classiest Man Alive wrote:

> Not to fan the flames, but has anyone ever considered converting
> Slackware's installation program to FreeBSD.

Slackware is also a Walnut Creek baby... i think Jordan has been in
contact with the author of Slackware for very long.  But then again,
Jordan has been threatening to rewrite sysinstall for *dig dig*

/*
 * The new sysinstall program.
 *
 * This is probably the last attempt in the `sysinstall' line, the next
 * generation being slated to essentially a complete rewrite.
 *
 * $Id: sysinstall.h,v 1.1 1995/04/27 12:50:34 jkh Exp $

...almost exactly two years now. :-))

I simply don't trust him that it will ever happen.

--
cheers, J"org