Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 01:54:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Damien DIXSAUT <damien@cristal.cristal.asso.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with 2.2.2 boot disk

      Hi everyone,

   This is a problem I have with the lastest RELEASE version, I hope someone
here can help me.

   My computer: Motherboard: ASUSTEK T2P4 with 75 MHZ Pentium processor
                Video board: Cirrus Logic 5430
   ALL other cards have been unplugged so I am sure problem does not come
from them !

   When I boot with 2.2.2 boot disk, everything goes well (kernel visual
configuration, where I disable all devices I don't use, beginning of
boot...) but when it comes to 'changing root device to fd0c', I get 'Panic:
double fault  Syncing disks' followed by a system hang !

   I tried all sorts of configurations, and this system works VERY well
with version 2.1.5, 2.1.7 and 2.2.1.

   Any idea ? Thanks for your help !

---
Damien DIXSAUT