Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 14:28:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        delta@xti.org (Terje Elde)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN, what to use?

Hello,

Many people have addressed this problem by tunneling PPP over SSH.  If you
do a couple web searches on this, I'm sure you'll find some good pointers.

As far as your particular solution: sorry, can't help you.  :/

==ml

> Hi all,
>
> I've been (for a LONG time) looking for some kind of compatible VPN
> package. It seems that cipe is linux-only, skip is for freebsd, sun and
> widows, IPSec is for everything but you can't both use kame and track a
> -stable thread as kame is distributed as patches against -RELEASE.
>
> What I really want is to have a small VPN, with only FreeBSD and linux
> boxes, but it seems you can't really do that.
>
> Then I noticed the manual keying thing of KAME. It looks a lot like IPSec,
> so what I'm starting to wonder is, can I use KAME with manual keying
> against a linux box running IPSec?
>
> Or am I totally lost now?
>
> Friendly greetings,
> Terje Elde
>
>  "One world, one web, one program" - Microsoft Promo ad.
>  "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler

Michael Lucas			|
Exceptionet, Inc.		|	www.exceptionet.com
"Exceptional Networking"	|