Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:35:49 +0900
From:      Masafumi =?iso-2022-jp?B?TkFLQU5FLxskQkNmOiwybUo4GyhC?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        max@wide.ad.jp
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: problem with perl5?

    max> The script I included in my previous mail is part of a configure
    max> script of some program.  One of my boxes had no problem with it, but
    max> two others had the same problem.

I noticed the difference between perl on these machines.  The one that
has problem is not dynamically linked to libperl while the one that
doesn't have the problem is dynamically linked to libperl.

So, I deleted the perl executable in the obj directory and did make
and make install in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl, and the problem
went away.

I have no idea why this difference causes the problem, or why they
were built differently.

     Cheers,
Max