Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2016 00:42:05 +0300
From:      Esa Karkkainen <ejk@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Storage cluster advise, anybody?

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 02:17:05PM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> I would like to ask everybody: what would you advise to use as a storage
> cluster, or as a distributed filesystem.

I ran into this blog post some time ago.

http://bryanapperson.com/blog/the-definitive-guide-ceph-cluster-on-raspberry-pi/

The software defined storage in question is Ceph.

http://ceph.com/ceph-storage/

I do not know if it runs on FreeBSD, but it looks like the source code is
buildable on AIX, Solaris and on number of Linux distros.

Regards,

Esa

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."