Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Claudiu Balogh <claudiu.balogh@xnet.ro>
Cc:        Kastaki <kastaki@ganbert.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MODEM

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Claudiu Balogh wrote:

> I have a US Robotics 56k FAXMODEM external and I remember I had to include
> some initialization strings in order to normally use the modem. Try and find
> the init string used for your modem. I could also send you my modem's
> string, if yours is the same type.
>
> Claus.

cu -l /dev/cuaa0 will put you in direct touch with your modem, where it
accepts AT commands (see the modem manual).

cu -l /dev/cuaa0 -s 115200

should set the speed....then you need to save that as one of the
default modem strings; at least that worked for me and one other
person who told me how to do it.  You get out of cu with ~. (tilde dot)

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC