Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 06:54:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Ceritfication for individuals

Oh, vendor "security" training has its uses.  You learn how to operate
that one product.  If the product has a poorly-designed interface, or is
full of hideous quirks (i.e., Checkpoint on NT), that's invaluable.  But
it has nothing to do with security.

When people use vendor certification as their main selling point, it's
time to run.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas			|