Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:57:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        gnn@neville-neil.com
Cc:        rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Discussion of guidelines for additional version control mechanisms (fwd)

In message: <200202270840.AAA1409806@meer.meer.net>
            "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com> writes:
: The problem here is process.  The FreeBSD project now has more than
: 12 core members and more than 12 committers.  With any number larger
: than 12 it is VERY HARD to reach consensus on anything.  Without a
: process by which we agree to reach consensus it is impossible.

There are only only 8 core team members, unless you mean something
different by "core" here than core@freebsd.org.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with your basic premise that it is process
and not tools at the heart of this problem.

Warner