Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:06:47 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi HostAP problems with -stable

I've got a -STABLE box with a prism 2.5 minipci card in it that I'm
trying to use in hostap mode.

Following the man page and comments from various places the following
should work;

  # ifconfig wi0 inet 192.168.10.1 \
                 stationname "foo" ssid "foo" channel 6 \
                 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap up

but on the client end (another -stable box with a similar prism 2.5
minipci) I get no association. Both client and the box I'm trying to
use as a server have the same firmware;

  wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3874A(Mini-PCI)
  wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.07.04

Both boxes work fine as clients, connect perfectly to random basestations
I have in use, so the antennas and such seem to work.

Any hints ? Bad firmware rev for hostap ?

Also, is there any way to go back from hostap to BSS mode other than
rebooting ?

Thanks,
P.

--