Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 20:00:12 -1000
From:      hoe-waa@hawaii.rr.com
To:        Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RE: ethernet card not coming up on reboot

Aloha Eric and Luke

I am aware that sysinstall will append to rc.conf.
I went ahead and deleted all of the appends and rebooted.
The ethernet did not come up on reboot. I had to use
sysinstall to get an ip. And yes, it did append to
rc.conf again.

I will look into setting a static ip but I would like
to know why this is happening. I have 3 other boxes
that have FreeBSD on them and they don't have this problem.

Robert