Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 10:09:35 +0000 ()
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
To:        Steve Reid <root@edmweb.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't run Java applets in Netscape Atlas

On Sat, 4 May 1996, Steve Reid wrote:

> > > "Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background"
> > I'm fairly sure that this is because you're running in 8 bit colour...
> Unfortunately, my little 512k video card (integrated on the motherboard) is
> incabable of more than 8 bits per pixel. :(

Shouldn't be any problem... if you really want to, you can run netscape
with the -install parameter, which will install its own colourmap.

> Ah, okay... I unset the CLASSPATH variable in the shell script that runs
> netscape, and it gets a bit farther, but I still can't seem to do
> anything with applets... They load, and everything pretends to be fine,
> but I can't actually do anything with the applets. For instance, the
> TicTacToe demo applet, it shows the #-shaped board, but I can't do
> anything with it. With other applets, I can usually see a different shade
> of gray where the applet would appear, but that's all.

This is news to me :) Things seem to work fine for me... perhaps someone
else can help?

| Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services             |
| justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au          Co-sysadmin                           |
| http://cyburbia.bns.com.au/~justin  A96 Music Competition (dis)Organiser  |
 \------------------[Relax, it's only ones and zeroes.]--------------------/