Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2016 07:50:40 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@vfemail.net>
Cc:        vit shatsillo <vit.shatsillo@gmail.com>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: firefox-43 && no sound on MP3, MP4, HTML5

El día Thursday, April 28, 2016 a las 10:58:41PM +0200, Jan Beich escribió:

> > $ LANG=C paplay Track01.mp3
> > Failed to open audio file.
>
> paplay(1) doesn't support MP3. Try passing --list-file-formats then
> transcode to one of those e.g.,
>
>   $ ffmpeg -i Track01.mp3 Track01.wav
>   $ paplay Track01.wav

Track01.wav plays fine.

> Maybe query pkg.freebsd.org using pkg(8) instead of asking e.g.,
>
>   $ pkg rquery "%n-%v" firefox
>   firefox-46.0_1,1

I was not aware of remote-query, because I always use my own local
repository. Thanks for that useful pointer.

> >> If audio/pulseaudio doesn't work *by default* file a bug for the
> >> maintainer (gnome@) to notice and maybe CC consumers (e.g. gecko@).

As said, it plays with the default /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa.
And why FF with PULSEAUDIO=on does not?

I still have the old FF pkg with PULSEAUDIO=on and could reinstall it
again if someone is willing to help me to mail it down, i.e. where to
look in detail.

There must be some problem with FF and PULSEAUDIO=on because the net is
full of complaints.

Thanks

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!