Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:07:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

>	One solution to this is to tend to your local sources with cvs instead
>of cvsup. That way when you update your patches will be preserved. If
>you don't want to keep a complete repo locally, anoncvs will still allow
>you to use cvs to stay up to date.

Of course, he could also learn to use cvsup's refuse file to keep the
patch in place.

>	Obviously the better solution is to get the patch committed...

I should think this patch adds sufficiently useful functionality to
warrant that.  Has anybody stepped forward to present a reason it should
not be committed?

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying