Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:30:15 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        <Dirk.Nerling@pdv.de>, "'FreeBSD Security (Mlist) (E-Mail)'" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: what are these ICMP logs ???

At 06:18 PM 11/15/99 +0100, nerle wrote:
>Hello,
>
>where could I find a describtion of the 3.13 and 3.3 ICMP packets?

I usually use look at /usr/include/netinet/ip_icmp.h for a quick reference

e.g.
#define ICMP_UNREACH            3               /* dest unreachable, codes: */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_NET        0               /* bad net */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_HOST       1               /* bad host */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_PROTOCOL   2               /* bad protocol */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_PORT       3               /* bad port */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_NEEDFRAG   4               /* IP_DF caused
drop */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_SRCFAIL    5               /* src route failed */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_NET_UNKNOWN 6              /* unknown net */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_HOST_UNKNOWN 7             /* unknown host */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_ISOLATED   8               /* src host
isolated */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_NET_PROHIB 9               /* prohibited
access */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_HOST_PROHIB 10             /* ditto */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_TOSNET     11              /* bad tos for net */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_TOSHOST    12              /* bad tos for host */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_FILTER_PROHIB 13           /* admin prohib */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_HOST_PRECEDENCE 14         /* host prec vio. */
#define         ICMP_UNREACH_PRECEDENCE_CUTOFF 15       /* prec cutoff */

For a complete description, I imagine the relavant RFC or some of the
TCP/IP illustrated books for more info.

	---Mike