Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:54:31 -0400
From:      "Gemini Domino" <computerdeity@geocities.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot loader CLEARING active parition flags??!?!

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01BFEBCE.07EE20A0

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Gemini Domino=20
To: questions@freebsd.org=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 01:02

For some reason, every time I boot into FreeBSD (dual booting with =
windows98), the next time I reboot, I get "Not found any [active =
partition] on hard drive". I have to boot with a dos diskette and run =
fdisk to manually reset the active partition. Any one know WHAT the heck =
is doing this and how to fix it?=20

Thanks

*********

"To live alone one must be a beast or a god, says Aristotle. Leaving out =
the third case: one must be both -- a philosopher"

"The better the state is established, the fainter is humanity. To make =
the individual uncomfortable, that is my task."=20

"A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the =
only ones that modern men still read with exactness."=20

"The bite of conscience, like the bite of a dog into a stone, is a =
stupidity."=20

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01BFEBCE.07EE20A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
href=3D"mailto:computerdeity@geocities.com"=20
title=3Dcomputerdeity@geocities.com>Gemini Domino</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A href=3D"mailto:questions@freebsd.org"=20
title=3Dquestions@freebsd.org>questions@freebsd.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, July 12, 2000 01:02</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Boot loader CLEARING active parition =
flags??!?!</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>For some reason, every time I boot into FreeBSD =
(dual booting=20
with windows98), the next time I reboot, I get "Not found any [active =
partition]=20
on hard drive". I have to boot with a dos diskette and run fdisk to =
manually=20
reset the active partition. Any one know WHAT the heck is doing this and =
how to=20
fix it? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>*********</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"To live alone one must be a beast or a god, says =
Aristotle.=20
Leaving out the third case: one must be both -- a =
philosopher"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"The better the state is established, the fainter is =
humanity.=20
To make the individual uncomfortable, that is my task." </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that =
its writings=20
are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness." =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"The bite of conscience, like the bite of a dog into =
a stone,=20
is a stupidity." </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Friedrich Wilhelm =