Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:21:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: High-resolution displays

> > A quick note about a CDROM: I wish my laptop had one since it would
> > be an ideal system for hooking into an ethernet and
> > installing packages, etc, from.
>
> ...  In any case, you can have an external CD-ROM if you
> really want one, plus the advantage of having a way to play CD's on the
> plane w/out using your laptop battery. ;)

Then you lose one of the best features of the laptop: the solid box
with everything built in.  Which brings up another point for those in the
market to consider: The IBM has an external power supply while some
laptops have it built in.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval