Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 01:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internet Servicer Acquired for Indicated $1.6 Million

--- Begin excerpt from WSJ ---

The Wall Street Journal Tuesday, June 25, 1996

SoftNet Systems Inc. (AMEX:SOF), a provider of electronic-information
management systems for business customers, said it acquired MediaCity
World Inc., a Palo Alto, Calif., Internet Service Provider...
the transaction had an indicated value of $1.6 million...

--- End of excerpt from WSJ ---

MediaCity was built almost entirely on machines running FreeBSD.
The routers ran FreeBSD and primarily used Emerging Technologies
T1 cards, except for one which was still running BSDI 1.0 because
no one had had the time to upgrade it to FreeBSD.  The other servers
were all FreeBSD based.

You may find it interesting that we had originally started out with
BSDI as our basic platform, but found the support so completely
lacking that we switched to FreeBSD.

Thanks for the world's finest OS.
--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com