Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:59:17 -0500
From:      Steve Price <steve@freebsd.org>
To:        Vladimir Savichev <vlad@ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Telephony ?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:46:06PM -0400, Vladimir Savichev wrote:
> is   there some interest  to port BSD Telephony package
> http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx/
> I think the project is pretty cool and deserves an attention of FreeBSD
> community.
> One of the guys in charge of this project replied me

While this doesn't necessarily answer your question this board
is used by the Asterisk PBX (http://www.asteriskpbx.com/) software
that Mark Spencer developed.  Just so happens that Mark lives here
in town.  I've looked at his software/system and it is pretty neat
stuff.

So if anyone needs a low-cost PBX and has the ability to port this
software to BSD I'm sure Mark would be happy to accept patches as
well.  I'd have done it already but I don't have the time or the
knowledge to do the port myself.

One of the people I know that is using it here in town would be
grateful to have it running under FreeBSD.

-steve