Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 00:42:51 +0200
From:      Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>
To:        Jergates@myTalk.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

As a rule of the thumb, winmodems are not supported. Their name states
what they are: modems specifically for windows, not freebsd.

--
Oren Sarig
sarig@bezeqinet.net

>    First off, I have not read the whole handbook as of yet but am
searching the handbook for information on FreeBSD and winmodems,
whether they are supported or not, and what I have to do to get it to
work.  I am new at this and trying to install 3.3 via FTP.  I have a
Lucent technologies PCMCIA Winmodem that, so far I believe, is indeed
a software modem using the MBD's UART.  Some specific software called
Hardball (?) was suggested to me but I cannot seem to find it.  I'm
sure it's in the handbook somewhere but am still searching.  If you
could help me out with any information possible, I would greatly
appreciate it.