Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:15:16 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg 6.8.1 + x800se

Hi folks,

my apologies if this issue has been discussed before, I have had a quick
glance at the archives and found something but I still have to ask.

I've bought a new machine, which came with a radeon x800se
(pci-express).  From what I gathered, neither PCI-Express is fully
supported on FreeBSD 5.3, nor is the X800SE supported by X.org 6.7.0
(but it is supported by 6.8.1).

Now before I start a, without doubt painful, attempt at building 6.8.1
myself from the pristine sources, I'd like to know if
a) the pci-express card will work at all,
b) how long until 6.8.1 will appear in ports, and
c) is http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg-681-up-5.diff sufficient to patch an
up-to-date ports tree to xorg 6.8.1?

Thanks for any answers.

--