Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 21:43:03 -0500
From:      "Rocky Hurley" <kr4pz@cacs.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PPP question..... With an Observation

1st! Flames | /dev/null

 > ---------
> > # PPP
> > /usr/sbin/pppd
> > ---------
> >
> > Any suggestions for me would be appreciated.
>
> RTFM.  This is why it's been written.
>
> > --------------------------------------
> > William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>

Observation: Since I have become "enlightened" to FreeBSD/UNIX. I have
lurked in this list. I have asked *one* question. Never got and answer. No
Problem, finally discovered a partial answer in the archives. Still
waiting on the software author for some help. I have saved tons of
messages that *will* pertain to my needs in the near future. These
messages were very informative and most included the reprimand of looking
in the archives and FAQ and Manual. I have searched and read, currently in
3 store bought books at this time trying to scratch every bit of info and
help I can. I was wondering why I never see any books on FreeBSD on the
store shelves but the same shelves 2 or more have books on Linux and one
on ATT and Solaris. Nothing on BSD. I think I know now. The above
statement. I have now installed 2.2.7 37 times, yes, *thirty seven* times
since Saturday on this laptop and I still have to come to microsuk$ to
write this message. Why?
Because of this kind of Crap. I have come to the conclusion that FreeBSD
is the best OS out there, cause even when it will not install completely,
I can still access it and do simple stuff in it.
Amazing!!! You can't do that in Linux or Windoze or DOS or OS/2 or
probably just about anything else. But! Your Manual is poor, your FAQ lite
weight, and the support on here terrible. It took me to go through the
other OS's to appreciate the power and capabilities of UNIX only to find
snobs that are far worse than those in Fidonet and Windoze. Gee! Imagine
That! I know I am probably not winning over any support for this, thats
fine, I can always go to a platform that is better supported by its users,
OS/2 or Linux. I stood FreeBSD because my friend convinced me to choose
this platform as the best even though I have more friends on Linux.

Something to remember, those of us that do not bleed unix when we are cut,
may not always know what to ask for when we search. If this forum is for
those who *ONLY* bleed unix, then I think this forum should be renamed
FreeBSD-Bleeding_Unix-Forum. Thank you for your impatience.
--
Rocky Hurley
KR4PZ