Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:48:37 -0600
From:      anthony@sohopros.com
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help with natd and ipfw Please.

Can someone help me in configuring natd?
When I dial up via a modem to the Internet and try to
ping my own nic (ed2) (192.168.168.101) I get
"Permission denied".  I did some research and found that
I can as root type:
ipfw add 65534 allow all from any to any
and this will allow me to ping my internal network.  How
can I configure my box to where I don't have to type this
command?  I have read in The Complete FreeBSD the sections
on natd and ipfw, but I am missing something.

Next question:  I am dialing via a modem on what I know as
comm 2 (sorry, I'm not sure what the UNIX name is for this
port, but I think it's sio1). <-- Please correct me on this.
After I dial up and get PPP anthony> what should I type to
initiate my natd session?  This is what I have been typing:
natd -interface ed2, which is obviously not working.

Thank you in advance!

Anthony ....

--

Anthony E. Coley