Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:25:57 +0300
From:      "Alexander V. Tischenko" <tischenko@intech.hway.ru>
To:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        <sos@freebsd.dk>, <julian@whistle.com>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SUID-Directories patch

> From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> To: Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
> Cc: sos@freebsd.dk; julian@whistle.com; hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: SUID-Directories patch
>
> > One of the main incentives for commercial entities to give code
> > back is offloading of maintenance.  You can of course pick and
> > choose what you want to take, but the fix seems generically
> > useful
>
> And is in 3.0-current, but doesn't belong in 2.2.  On the flip side,
> just because a commercial entity donates code doesn't mean we should
> take it into the source tree lock/stock/and barrel.
>

> Nate

I am not shure people running network file servers will be eager to upgrade
to _ANY_ new version unless expressely needed (i will not for shure!), so
to have an incorporated patch for 2.2 that will solve administrative
problems
IS a good thing and also a must. And as for 3.0 - it is very unstable yet
and shurely can't be used for building corporate heavy load servers.

IMHO, the patch MUST be incorporated.

Alexander V. Tischenko.