Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2009 00:27:28 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        current-list freebsd <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg upgrade desaster: Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

O. Hartmann wrote:
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
>
> Then firefox3 freezes forever, showing something like the background or
> pixel remnants of windows/picograms moving over its window.

Today, I had this error, too, but not with firefox3 (IIRC).

It was after the update of libXext-1.0.4,1 to 1.0.5,1 -- going back
seemed to have fixed it. (I still had a package from after the xorg 7.4
upgrade last week.)

I have not got time to look into it and try to reproduce it. (There were
some other updates and configurations changes around the same time.)

BTW: It was on 7.1. I do use the radeon driver, too.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik