Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:03:49 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make gtk widgets use a larger font

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87

Quoth Lars Eighner on Thursday, 09 December 2010:
> How do I make gtk widgets use larger fonts? I found an old linux FAQ on
> this, but it appears to have nothing to do with the way configuration wor=
ks
> on FreeBSD.
>=20
> --=20
> Lars Eighner
> http://www.larseighner.com/index.html
> 8800 N IH35 APT 1191 AUSTIN TX 78753-5266
>=20
rg"

I've been looking into this, although my intention was to make the fonts
smaller.  I have yet to be successful.  I think the answer should lie in
modifying your gtk theme file (.gtkrc-2.0 for GTK 2).

I started by copying a theme that I liked (<a
href=3D"http://www.cimitan.com/murrine/node/220">Black Diamond</a) and
modifying it.  That worked fine for colors, but I couldn't get any "font"
qualifiers to take.  Probably the Murrine engine is getting in the way,
and I should start with a blank slate for the theme -- but I haven't had
time to build one from scratch yet.

All I really wanted this for was to reduce the footprint of the chrome on
Firefox, so in the end I just installed the "Theme Font Size Changer" add-on
for Firefox, and that did the trick.

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips=