Date:      Sun, 03 Aug 2014 20:18:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do maintainer updates work with bugzilla?

--l1KlpR0hhjPLk9PVf8TtbwCBC9w2hL1fj

On 03/08/2014 18:35, Craig Leres wrote:
> At the end of last month I used send-pr to post a maintainer-update to
> security/bro and security/broccoli. I see now I should have used the ne=
> bugzilla web interface. That day I received a request an email asking
> for maintainer approval. I immediately replied to that but the status i=
> still "Approval Needed".
>=20
> What am I doing wrong?

I take it you mean PR 192105 ?

By virtue of sending a PR into the system a leres@ee.lbl.gov account
will have been created in Bugzilla.  You should be able to use the
'Forgot Password' link to set a password on that account, then log in
and add a flag to the attached diff to say 'maintainer approved'.

Once that's done it should get triaged and if you're lucky, set to
'Patch Ready' in which case someone with a commit bit can go ahead and
commit the update.

You'll help that to happen if you can supply a link to Redports or the
output from 'poudriere testport' or similar showing that your update
passes some sanity checks.  (It's not mandatory for PR submitters to
supply this sort of testing output, but it pretty much is mandatory for
all patches to be tested in this way before they are committed.  So if
you do it yourself, you can make it quicker and easier for any committer
to proceed.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20