Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:41:10 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire <software@kew.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: minor errors in the 11/28 SNAP

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> > Using the latest SNAP available for stable as of yesterday morning...
> >
> > 1) In sysinstall, if performing an upgrade, the install can't find UPGRADE.TX
> > on the boot floppy to give you the standard dire warnings.  This has the side
> > effect of making once feel the entire upgrade just failed.  (It didn't, but
> > made me chicken out the first time).
>
> Thanks for the REALLY LATE bug report, but it was still just in time
> I guess. :-)  I committed an 11th hour fix for this before rollign 2.2.8.

I figured it could be really early for 2.2.9.  :-)  (Okay, 3.1).  Sounds like not
too many people tried the upgrade option.  :-)

Seriously, I almost assumed it was because it was a SNAP and not the release.  I
almost didn't mention it.

> > 2) There is a message to the effect of 'there is ... shell already running vo
> > ttyv4, shall I kill it and start a new one'?  "von" should be "on"
>
> Ah well, typos for later. :-)

That's fine ... it took some major hoops to get the extra shell running in the
first place.

--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

 Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.