Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:21:21 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        brianc@pobox.com
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No password account on 2.2.1-RELEASE

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I meant, the box I installed
last week and then fetched the source for the 2.2.1-R login and built
and installed this morning to test this problem.

root::0:0::0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh

Before installing the new login from 2.2.1, I was able to log in by
just typing "root", and it didn't ask me for a password.  Now, I
can log in by typing "root" and then hitting enter at the password
prompt.

However, my environment clearly doesn't reflect a 2.2.1-R installation,
even though I built and installed the 2.2.1-R /usr/bin/login , so I'll
shut up now.

  Bill