Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:23:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
To:        Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procom aal0 mode

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

AM>Ahh yes, thanks - that looks about right.  I was hoping for natm support
AM>(AAL0 mode there looks like just what I need), but I don't have any Midway
AM>cards, only Procom.
AM>
AM>> PS: Why do you need to receive or to send an AAL0 cell ? Unfortunately, it is
AM>> not well supported by the HARP stack ;-( (there is no AAL0 ATM socket).
AM>
AM>We have some custom embedded devices that we use ATM as a transport for,
AM>but nothing else; it used to run on Linux but we are switching to FreeBSD
AM>now and looking for a good point to hook into the driver.

I'm just starting to put together a NATM driver for the ProSums. It will
support AAL0 (through netgraph).

NB: the hatm driver I just commited supports AAL0. On a 1GHz machine I can
route up to 150000cells/sec through the kernel.

harti
--
harti brandt,
http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private