Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 08:41:17 -0400
From:      Thomas Dickey <dickey@radix.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TERM={xterm-r5,xterm-r6} behaving badly with man(1)

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 05:26:52PM +0800, Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav wrote:
> Because somebody modified it to reflect his personal preference:
>=20
> xterm|xterm-color|X11 terminal emulator:\
>         :ti@:te@:tc=3D3Dxterm-xfree86:
>=20
> the "ti@:te@:" part disables the save / restore functionality.
>=20
> See for instance the log messages for src/share/termcap/termcap.src
> revisions 1.129 and 1.130.

=2E..noting that was almost 5 years ago, the current issue is what changed
in the past 6 months.  The information that I can see at the moment
leans toward the notion that someone's been using the terminfo data
for some time, and is unpleasantly surprised at the result when using
the termcap.

--=20
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net