Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 21:51:32 -0500
From:      "David Empey" <empey@integral.on.ca>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD/Win 95 Network Backup

I have a question about how FreeBSD accesses devices on a Win95 to
which it is networked.  I am considering purchasing a CD-Writeable
drive for the Win95 machine, and I would like to back up the FreeBSD
machine on that drive.  When FreeBSD accesses a drive (or other
device) on a networked machine, what happens behind the scenes?  Does
the FreeBSD box use its own drivers to access the drive, or does it
use those of the host (the later would, I think, be necessary to
accomplish my goal).  Any info would be appreciated!

David Empey
mailto: empey@integral.on.ca
http://plato.ml.org/~empey/
604-185 Berkshire Drive, London, Ontario, Canada, N6J 3R6
(519)-474-0296